Friday, August 5, 2011

Masking Challenge Card

 

There’s a challenge over at Studio Stampers to use masking on a card.  Come join us!

Here’s the challenge card.

image

Here’s my take on masking.

You Make My Lift Beautiful

Here’s a close up of the masking.You Make My Lift Beautiful Closeup

I started this card by stamping the vintage label shape on the kraft cardstock and then stamping the sentiment in two inks.  Then I die cut the vintage label shape and the large butterfly.  Using temporary adhesive I placed the die cuts on the kraft cardstock and stamped the woodgrain over top.  Then remove the die cuts to have the masked images.  Pretty easy!

I went on to die cut the two butterflies and used a pop dot between the layers to add some depth and added a string of twinkle stickers to the butterfly. 

I selected the blush cardstock as the base to tie in the pink on the card.

Quick and easy way to use masking on a card.

 

All items are A|S:

Cardstock: kraft, blush, and bubblegum

Ink: french roast and bubblegum

Dies: butterfly trio and vintage label

Twinkle Stickers

Stamps: Vintage Labels, Hand Scripted and Woodgrain

All A|S items are available at my A|S store. As always contact me if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

clip_image001352

1 comment:

blah said...

Love how you used your dies to create the masks! Great job with the challenge.